The resources below give a brief introduction to research data management. They are designed for use in induction sessions for graduate students and new researchers – or anywhere that a quick overview of the topic is needed.
If you would like a member of the Research Data Oxford team to contribute to an induction session or other event, please email us on email@example.com.
You are also welcome to make use of these materials, and to adapt them to suit your own purposes.
Why cover research data management at induction sessions?
- Adopting good strategies from the start of a project reduces the risk of problems further down the line, saving valuable time and reducing frustration.
- However, in the busyness of beginning a research project, it’s easy for things to get overlooked or side-lined. Hence it can be helpful to have the important issues flagged up.
These brief slideshows are designed to cover just the essentials of research data management. (Note that the first two PowerPoint presentations use animations to gradually reveal the content: view in slideshow mode to see everything.)
- Taking care of your research data – with key resources
- Taking care of your research data
- Research Data Oxford website
- PowerPoint presentation (single slide)
We are also happy to provide custom presentations or training events covering the subject in more detail – please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your requirements.
This fact-sheet provides a brief introduction to research data management, designed to be printed as a double-sided A4 hand-out. The text is also suitable for inclusion in handbooks or other print resources.
For display on the web, you may prefer this PDF version, with embedded clickable links instead of visible URLs.
Please email email@example.com to request copies.
We aim to update these resources annually. The most recent revisions were made in August 2016.