2.1 The University will provide:
a. sufficient support, advice and information to researchers on all aspects of research data management.
Research Data Oxford is the University's central source of research data management support and guidance. This website provides information on a range of relevant topics, including good practice advice and pointers to resources and services.
While RDO aims to draw together information and expertise relating to research data management, there are a number of other groups around the University who can advise on particular areas:
- Research Support, including research ethics and data sharing agreements
- IT Services, including various services to support research
- Bodleian Libraries, including the Bodleian Data Service, Open Scholarship Support, and subject librarians
- Compliance, for guidance on dealing with personal data, including the Data Protection by Design framework
- InfoSec, for advice on keeping research data secure
Support for specific aspects of research data management such as data storage may also be offered locally, in your division, department, or other unit. Your local IT support staff are often a good first port of call to find out what's available.